Crave the Change has the capacity to support municipalities in Central Minnesota with drafting or updating licensing ordinances, education, and implementation of passed policies.
Updating Tobacco Licensing Ordinances:
Many communities in Central Minnesota have not updated their tobacco licensing ordinance to include updates required by state policy. Crave the Change would works to support communities in making these updates along with exploring other prevention strategies for specific communities.
Local point-of-sale strategies enhance state tobacco control efforts in the following ways:
- Decrease tobacco use and impulse purchases of harmful products
- Reduce tobacco related health disparities
- Counter the amount of dollars being spent on marketing by the tobacco industry
- Increase community awareness of tobacco industries practices
- Communicate health information
- Improve compliance with tobacco control strategies
Click on image to view the full PDF of policy options regarding tobacco prevention.