BLEND is proud to collaborate with the CentraCare Health Earth Day Run events to continue to promote health and wellness in our Central MN communities. Friday, April 20, 2018 marks the 11th annual BLEND Kids Health & Fitness Expo and the BLEND 1K. Both events are held at St. Cloud State University’s Halenbeck Hall South Fieldhouse on Earth Day Run weekend April 20-21, 2018.
Friday, April 20, 2018 | 4:30PM – All Boys & Girls Clubs of Central MN and KIDSTOP sites will be participating in an exclusive 1K at 4:30 p.m. Funding for 500 1K registrations is provided by North Risk Partners – Apollo Division.
Friday, April 20, 2018| 6PM – Be a Planet Protector for this year’s superhero-themed BLEND 1K sponsored by Capital One! The BLEND 1K – Planet Protectors Superhero Run – is designed to be a fun family event where everyone is encouraged to wear their favorite superhero costume to the run. Along with the $10 registration fee, each participant will receive a BLEND 1K t-shirt and medal. Pre-registration is required for the 1K.
BLEND 1K T-Shirts: Designed by: Ben, Eliett, and Isaac – Rocori KIDSTOP. Read “Designed by Superheroes!” to see how the graphic was created.
BLEND Kids Health & Fitness Expo
Friday, April 20, 2018 from 2-8 p.m. – Halenbeck Hall South Fieldhouse. The BLEND Kids Health & Fitness Expo, sponsored by Stride Academy, will be packed with interactive and fun activities for all ages. Kids and families can move from station to station to engage in fitness fun and learn about healthy living. This year, we’re planning a lot of fun ways to get active in your community.
- St. Cloud Safety Village – BLEND has created a “mini” St. Cloud Safety Village for kids and families to be active and learn how to be safe while walking, biking, and driving a peddle car. Thanks to the generous support of the following partners, this activity will be like no other event you’ve seen before! Partners: City of St. Cloud; St. Cloud Park and Recreation; St. Cloud Police Department; Stearns, Benton and Sherburne County SHIP; St. Cloud Area Planning Organization; MN Department of Transportation; CCH-Project BrainSafe, and bicycle advocates
- Healthy Snacks on the Go – Be active and eat healthy, too! Coborn’s Dietitians will give away healthy snack samples and share information about their new Dietitians Choice initiative.
- Hiking through Nature – Do you want your kids and your family to get outdoors more and be more active? Stearns County Parks and HIKEHoppers is here to help! They have some great activities planned to help get your entire family energized and excited to visit one of our Stearns County Parks.
- Plant-a-Veggie – Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin Lakes and Pines will help kids and families plant seeds in compostable pods. Kids plant the pods – kids take home the pods!
- Fun Fitness Obstacle Course – St. Cloud Area Family YMCA will show kids how to be active no matter where they are during the day – at home, at school or in the park.
- Inflatable – St. Cloud Rox is bringing their inflatable bouncy house for kids to “jump around!”
Volunteer with BLEND
If you, your family, or place of employment are interested in volunteering with BLEND for this year’s Earth Day Run – BLEND Kids Health and Fitness Expo, please fill out a volunteer application below – or contact us. All volunteers who work two or more hours will receive a BLEND t-shirt. Or, check out this detailed list of volunteer opportunities for the entire Earth Day Run weekend.